What is the NHS App?
The NHS App is owned and run by the NHS. It can be accessed by anyone aged 13 and over registered with an NHS GP surgery in England or Isle of Man. Once you have verified your identity in the app, you will have easy, 24/7 access to a growing range of health services and information. It doesn’t replace existing services. You can still contact your GP surgery in the usual ways.
What does the NHS App do?
• view your GP health record – view your medical history, test results, allergies, and medicines
• register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
• take part in health research – register with Be Part of Research to help us provide better care and treatment
• order repeat prescriptions – request repeat prescriptions without having to contact your GP surgery
• nominate a pharmacy – choose a pharmacy where your prescriptions will be sent to
• book appointments with your GP Surgery – book, view and cancel appointments
• book and manage hospital appointments in one place – you can choose your treatment provider from a list provided by your GP/referrer, and see information on most of them, including who to contact, waiting times, distance and booking details
• contact your GP surgery – request care from your GP surgery using an online form
• receive messages and notifications – view messages from your GP surgery and get notifications through your phone or tablet
• linked profiles – access the health records, appointments and prescriptions of people you care for (including children) – or get help from someone you trust
• search symptoms, conditions, and treatments – use the health A-Z to check symptoms and treatments, and get advice on what to do next
• get health advice through 111 online – check if you need urgent help and find out what to do next
• find NHS services – search for services near you
• check your NHS number – check your NHS number and manage your contact details within the NHS App
Your data and permissions – The NHS App does not store any patient data. It lets you view your health information held by your GP and other healthcare professionals.
**CLICK HERE IF YOU NEED HELP SETTING UP YOUR ACCOUNT** – Only use this form If you require help in this set-up process or you do not have photographic ID that’s needed within the NHS App set-up process. We will endeavor to help you where we can to get you up and running.